The Vibraphone is the most mechanically complex and sophisticated of all mallet instruments with a key range of 3 ½ octaves. Its tube resonators and the adjustable electric motor result in a “vibrating” (crescending and decrescending) soft metal sound that takes its inspiration from the human voice. The vibraphone is not only firm favorite in jazz but also in contemporary music, both as a harmonic and melodic instrument. The instrument was played not only with soft, medium and hard mallets, but also with a string bow.
The Standard and Extended Libraries of the Download Instrument offer the complete samples and articulations on par with the ones of the big Vienna Instruments Collection Percussion. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Vienna Special Editions product that contains the Vibraphone, you can buy the download instrument Vibraphone at a reduced price.
Your purchase of Vibraphone entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
The following reviews have been placed by customers who also bought this product from us. All reviews are provided through eKomi, Europe’s largest independent customer review company.
Hervorragender Klang. Fügt sich in jeden Mix und jedes Ensemble sehr gut ein. Für größere solistische Einsätze ist die Vollversion zu empfehlen. Sowohl für Jazz, als auch für neue Musik sehr gut einsetzbar.
Assez bien, manque un réglage de vibrato.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in the box of any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.