The Viennese oboe, which is played exclusively in Vienna, has retained its particular sound and form since the time of Viennese Classicism and developed independently of the French oboe. The bell of the Viennese oboe is bell-shaped while that of the French oboe is gently flared. The French oboe has a very assertive sound that can distinctly be heard in the orchestra, whereas the Viennese oboe tends to blend in more with the overall sound. Vibrato, one of the desirable techniques on the French oboe, is not usual in the Viennese style.
The Standard Library of the Download Instrument contains all of the Viennese Oboe samples of the as well as some additional articulations. The Full Library offers the complete articulations on par with the ones of the big DVD Collection Woodwinds II Extended Library. Please find a detailed list of included playing techniques under the menu item Sample Content.
If you have already registered a Special Edition product that contains the Viennese Oboe, you can buy the download instrument Viennese Oboe at a reduced price. Your personal discounts are displayed under the menu item Discount Details when you’re logged in.
Your purchase of Viennese Oboe entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments software player as well as the Vienna Ensemble mixing and host software.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
• 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
• ViennaKey (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
• eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
• free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations might work but are not actively supported.
• PC Windows 7 (latest Service Pack, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
• Mac OS X 10.8 (latest update), i5/i7/Xeon
• Fast separate hard drive (7200 rpm or faster)
• AU/VST/AAX Native/RTAS compatible host (also works stand-alone)
• RTAS version requires Pro Tools 7.3 or higher
• 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.