A famously unconventional instrument called the Waterphone
The Soundiron Waterharp is a deeply multi-sampled percussion and effects instrument library that captures the heart and soul of the waterphone. This unique instrument concept was originally developed by Richard Waters in the late 1960s.
Soundiron played it with lots of different mallets, sticks, metal rods, fingers and palms, bows and even voices to explore every nuance and hidden musical potential of this instrument. They recorded it both empty and full of water and even recorded it from the inside out using hydrophones (underwater microphones), while being cooked over open flame and while filled with machine screws. Finally, Soundiron created a wide selection of ambient soundscapes, pads, drones, ambiences and atmospheres using the recordings and all manner of creative sound design techniques to take this library to the next level.
Waterharp 2.0 has been completely redesigned from the ground up for Kontakt 5.1. The brand new UI includes automatable Attack, Release, Edge, Filter, Vibrato and Convolution reverb with 30+ custom halls, rooms and special FX impulses. Soundiron optimized presets to put each category right at your fingertips, with easy articulation menu loading. They also rolled their Arpeggiator system into every tuned and strike percussion preset, with plenty of mode, sequencing and time signature options. The effects presets now feature dynamic waveform display, with real-time playback and offset cursor. Hear the library like never before, with fully remastered and restored 24-bit / 48kHz sample resolution. Soundiron also added a new range of deep ambiences, synths and sound-designed atmospheres, all hand-crafted from the original instrument source.
- Bowing (no water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX
- Bowing sweep (water) Slow, Medium, Fast FX
- Bowing 2-note legato
- Bowing Sustain (with and without water)
- Bowing Staccato
- Bowing FX grinding w/ tine buzz (with and without water)
- Bowing FX w/ magnets
- Bowing FX w/ hydrophone (underwater mic)
- Bowing FX w/vocals
- Bowing FX boiling at four different temperature levels
- Mallet Rubber (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +16 tines
- Mallet Metal (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +8 tines
- Hand Played “Metal Tabla” (10 velocity layers – 10 round robin) bottom and top
- Wooden Mallet (6-7 velocity layers – 6 round robin) at +20 tines
- Hydro Mallets (6 round robin) at +20 tines
- Rubber, Metal and Wooden Mallet Sweeps (Slow, Medium, Fast)
- Hydro-Vocal drones, phrases and more…
- Custom ambiences, including patches by Steven Tavaglione (Ambient music on Wall-E, American Beauty and more)
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 or later.
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!