A line-by-line Code Port of the Original Hardware
Since its launch in the 1990s the Weiss DS1 has become an absolute gold-standard unit, indispensable in mastering studios around the world despite a premium price tag. Its transparency, unparalleled versatility, and exceptional sound quality make it a must-have, heard (or rather not heard) on pretty much any major record you’d care to mention from the last twenty years. And in that time updates and improvements by Weiss have led to the near-perfection of the DS1-MK3.
And now for the first time ever, it is available as a plug-in, offering more flexibility than ever in a modern DAW environment, at a fraction of the cost. A line-by-line code port of the digital original means this plug-in is a perfect copy of the hardware, and with the additional features and versatility made possible by software, this is an improvement on a legend.
For registered owners of Weiss MM-1
Upgrade license delivery might take up to one working day
Working at resolutions of up to 32 bit/192 kHz (an upgrade on the original hardware), de-ess your mids and sides independently. Compress with variable soft-knee settings to take you from gentle levelling all the way to aggressive crushing. And limit with simply the best, most transparent, brick wall available - including two all-new advanced limiter algorithms in addition to the Weiss original.
And with the plug-in, you don’t need the wealth of a small nation to run multiple instances of this highly-prized box. De-ess your vocals while gently compressing your guitars and limiting your master bus at the same time, all with the same top-of-the-line tool.
- Officially licensed and endorsed by Daniel Weiss himself.
- Not an emulation, but a line-by-line code port of the original digital hardware.
- Exactly the same processor as the $10,000 original, at a fraction of the cost.
- Three processors in one; de-ess, compress, and limit, with the industry standard tool.
- Processes at resolutions of up to 32 bit/192 kHz for exceptional sound quality.
- Advanced metering - waveform view.
- Featuring presets from Bob Katz.
- Truly versatile de-essing. Choose your own filters, adjust frequency, and tailor the process to your needs working in stereo or mid-sides.
- Digital compressor can operate at speeds no analog unit ever could, and offers you total control.
- Two brand-new advanced limiter algorithms included, as well as the Weiss original.
- Run multiple instances of this legendary unit on the same mix at no extra cost.
- Nothing sounds as clean, as transparent, as good. That’s why the hardware is in every major mastering studio in the world.
Purchase of the DS1-MK3 also includes the new Weiss MM-1 intelligent Mastering Maximizer plug-in.
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.