High precision mixing & mastering channel
Softube brings the legendary sound of Weiss Engineering's digital signal processors to the Console 1 platform with the Weiss Gambit Series. In collaboration with Daniel Weiss, the algorithms of DS1-MK3 and EQ1 were implemented into Softube's control system to combine the clear sound transparency of the hardware sound models with the efficient modernized workflow of Console 1.
The EQ1 contributes effective filters to the input section with four equalizer bands. The DS1 brings the algorithms to the compressor and easily turns the drive section into a limiter. In the Shape section, a special feature called "Below-Threshold Compression" has been integrated. This feature is especially useful for highlighting quiet signal components such as reverb tails.
Algorithms of the standalone versions of the Softube DS1-MK3 and EQ1
1 to 1 replication of the algorithms of the digital hardware classics
Compressor & Limiter DS1-MK3
Exceptional transparency even with high-gain reduction
Shape section offers “Below-Threshold Compression” (boosting quiet signals without cutting the dynamics of strong signals)
4 bands cover the entire spectral range
39 dB reduction and 18 dB boost possible
Q-Factor - two middle bands adjustable between 0.2 and 650
Fine adjustments are no problem
Incl. high & low cut
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required at least if you want to use a hardware iLok!