The Definitive Woodwinds Collection
The Woodwinds I Collection contains the four main wind instruments, flute, oboe, clarinet, and bassoon – each recorded as a solo instrument and in three-player ensembles. First-rate musicians of leading European orchestras provide the sound and character as soloists and ensemble leaders. Gisela Mashayekhi-Beer was the solo flutist of the Zurich Opera orchestra and taught at the Bruckner University Linz and at the Vienna Music University. Markus Deuter was (and is) first oboist of numerous German orchestras; he came to Vienna especially for the recordings of the French oboe. The clarinetist Daniel Hörth can look back at an international concert career with the Vienna Philharmonic, the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra, and more. Finally, Martin Machovits, among other assignments, is solo bassoon player at the Vienna Radio Symphony Orchestra.
The solo instruments as well as the ensembles offer fast and slow Interval Performances in legato and marcato styles as well as Performance Trills. Utmost attention was given especially to the sensitive slow legato repetitions of the solo flute and the lyrical and expressive vibrato of the French oboe, most effectively used in the Legato Performances. The flute and clarinet arpeggios (major, minor, and diminished broken chords in legato and staccato styles) are an outstanding specialty, as are the solo flute’s mordents and the French oboe’s flutter tonguing.
Woodwinds I - Instruments: Flute 1, French oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Flute ensemble (3 players), Oboe ensemble (3 players), Clarinet ensemble (3 Players) & Bassoon ensemble (3 players)
- Interval Performances: legato, marcato; fast & slow
- Repetition Performances: legato, portato, staccato; crescendo & diminuendo
- Flute 1, clarinet – Performance Repetition upbeats
- Performance Trills
- Solo instruments – Grace Note Performances: major 2nd to octave, up & down
- Solo instruments – runs: major, minor, chromatic, whole tone; up & down
- Flute 1, clarinet – arpeggios: major, minor, diminshed triads; legato & staccato; medium & fast
- Flute 1 – mordents: legato & staccato, 12 variations
- Clarinet – glissandos
- Short notes: staccato, short portato, long portato
- Long notes: sustains with various attacks and vibratos
- Dynamics: crescendo & diminuendo in various note lengths; fp, sfz, sffz, pfp
- Trills: half tone, whole tone; crescendo & diminuendo
- Solo instruments – flutter tonguing
- Ensembles – sustained three-note clusters
Standard Library: Samples 26.624 | Download Files Size 22,2 GB | Installed File Size | 41,6 GB
Full Library: Samples 101.964 | Download Files Size 22,2 GB | Installed File Size | 41,6 GB
SOS, 5 Stars
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I & II, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Coco avant Chanel, The Queen, The King’s Speech, Carnage, Renoir
“Since I’m working in Hollywood it requires a vast library and that’s why VSL is really useful.”
16-time Grammy Award winner, composer and producer of Chicago, Earth, Wind & Fire, Al Jarreau, Chaka Khan, Michael Jackson, Barbra Streisand, Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, Céline Dion, Seal, Michael Bolton, Peter Cetera
“To have the magic of a full orchestra in breathtaking 3D sound at your fingertips is the best luxury someone like myself could hope for. Thank you VSL for an amazing product.”
Men in Black, Good Will Hunting, Planet of the Apes, Spiderman, Batman Returns, Corpse Bride, Alice in Wonderland, Mars Attacks!,The Simpsons, Desparate Housewives, Oingo Boingo)
“Vienna Symphonic Library has been the center of my orchestral sample library for several years now. I go to their library first every time I create an orchestral template when I´m beginning each film I score. And my demos sound great. I recommend this library to anybody getting into film scoring.”
Oscar and multiple Grammy Award winner
“Using Vienna Instruments puts authenticity into your pallet of sounds.”
Jochem van der Saag
Michael Bublé, Andrea Bocelli, Jackie Evancho, Josh Groban, Seal
“Vienna Symphonic Library is way ahead of the curve in terms of their sounds and their software; the combination of both musical expression and technical excellence is truly superb and unrivaled“
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.