Reproduction of a Marcel Dreux Instrument
Accordina is a reed instrument, similar to the harmonica. It borrows its chromatic keyboard (44 notes) and professional hand made reeds from the accordion. PSound Accordina has been sampled with up to 9 layers and 3 Articulations for a more than 400 samples.
The Instrument - The Accordina has 44 keys on a chromatic keyboard.
Recording - Paolo recorded the Accordina with a Neumann TLM103 large diaphragm microphone thru an amazing Apogee Symphony mkiI I/O converter with its own Mic Preamp card for the best audio resolution and musical details. All the samples are in 96kHz/24bit resolution!
Analysis - By a careful analysis of the sound I found a great variation of the harmonic spectrum during the dynamic range of the reeds. This fact depends on the high quality of the hand made reeds of the instrument.
Layers & Filters - Paolo used up to 9 dynamic layers and 2 round-robins for each note of the instrument.
- Marcel Dreux Instrument
- 400 Samples
- >300MB Storage
- 96 kHz Sample rate
- 24 bit resolution
- All sample are perfectly looped
- Up to 9 velocity layers
- 3 Articulations
- key-on and key-off noises
- Adjustable volume for reeds and noise
- Key Switches
- Powered by UVI Engine XT™
- Requires UVI Workstation v2.5.6 or later
- UVI.net provides UVI Workstation for free!
- UVI Falcon full Compatibility!
- Playable by Motu Machfive too (requires v3.2.1)
- PACE protection system (free iLok account required)
The latest UVI Workstation 3 is included in this virtual instrument!
More information about UVI Workstation and the latest version (free download) is available HERE
- Stand Alone application for Mac and PC
- VST for Mac and PC (Cubase and other VST compatible sequencers)
- AAX native (Pro Tools) on Mac and PC
- Audio Units (Logic Pro and other AU compatible sequencers)
- "Falcon" compatible
UVI Workstation 3 system requirements:
57.8 MB of disk space (Mac Installer: 233 MB ; Windows64 Installer: 266 MB)
Supported Operating Systems:
- Mac OS X 10.8 to macOS 10.15 Catalina (64-bit)
- Windows 8 to Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hard Drive: 7,200 rpm recommended or Solid State Drive (SSD)
4GB RAM (8 GB+ highly recommended for large UVI Soundbanks)
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required at least if you want to use a hardware iLok!