Unique Hand Drum Musical Artifacts for Kontakt
Ancient Greek Percussion is a fantastic collection of 6 deeply sampled hand percussion instruments that explore the oldest roots of Western musical traditions, stretching back thousands of years – and likely with roots that easily predate all of recorded history. This library features a Crotalum, Kymbalon, Sistrum, 15-inch Tympanon, 22-inch Tympanon, and Tympanon Zill.
Crafted of wood, gut, goat skins and bronze, these rustic musical artifacts capture the sound and soul of classical Greek musical craftsmanship at its peak. Their influence has shaped modern frame drums, riqs, dafs, tambourines and finger cymbals. Each piece was hand-crafted by master instrument maker and musical historian Panagiotis Stefos of LyrΑvlos in Athens. Stefos and his team played each instrument, all recorded in exquisite detail by producer John Valasis, with up to 12 round-robins and 10 dynamic velocities per articulation.
You'll enjoy the flexible GUI features, with independent close and overhead mic positions, a wide selection of chromatic and special effect articulations and a bank of 20 sound-designed ambiences created from the raw acoustic source for added texture and creative potential. Ancient Greek Percussion includes 4,092 24-bit 48kHz stereo samples and is just over 3 GB installed.
- One master NKI instrument bank in open Kontakt format
- Crotalum, Kymbalon, Sistrum, Tympanon articulations sampled in close and far mic positions
- 20 Ambience patches created from the source content
- 24 bit / 48 kHz uncompressed PCM wav samples
- 20 Custom Sound-Designed FX and Ambient presets
- 4,092 Stereo WAV files
- 3.06 GB installed
- Flexible and intuitive multi-layer user interface controls, with LFO, filter, glide, and arpeggiator
- Full FX rack with convolution reverb with custom rooms, halls, chambers & FX environments
This library is designed for the full retail version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5 or later.
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!