Created specifically for Keyboardists playing live shows!
Broadway Gig™ is redefining what a keyboardist can do on the stage, and on a budget. With 8.6 GB of audio content and 12,952 unique samples, Broadway Gig includes the segments which are most useful for playing live shows, taken straight out of Fable Sounds’ critically acclaimed flagship product – Broadway Big Band™.
4 wind instruments: Trumpet, Trombone, Tenor Saxophone and Baritone Saxophone, all with the microphone setups most optimized for fitting perfectly in the PA mix, creating the sonic illusion that there is a live horn section on stage. Thanks to the Unison Section feature, multiple instances of the instruments can be stacked to create a larger sounding section. Also, the revolutionary Real-Rime Orchestrator feature is included, enabling a fully orchestrated sounding mixed section, when playing on a single keyboard in a live show. This means polyphonic-polyrhythmic legato, distributed to the instruments the way you want them to.
Whether you play Funk, Rock, Pop, Blues, R&B, Latin, Hip-Hop, Jazz or Reggae, this virtual instrument is perfect for keyboardists playing live shows of any scale.
Ultimate Playability - Fable Sounds have developed and patented a unique and intuitive articulation switching system that enables real-time access to all of the articulations of an instrument from a single patch. You can finally play a deeply sampled virtual instrument with the same creative freedom and fluidity as the musician playing the actual instrument would.
Deeply Sampled - A huge amount of articulations and playing techniques, providing endless possibilities and unmatched level of expressiveness
Legato Sampling -Legato intervals recorded up to major 9th up and down in various legato interval articulations providing unmatched realism.
Premium Content - 15GB of audio content, carefully selected from the critically acclaimed Broadway Big Band virtual instrument recorded at 24bit/44.1khz, 20,000+ individual samples.
Meticulously Recorded and Processed - Recorded in one of New York’s best live rooms, using top quality microphones and pre-amps and carefully processed to a virtually noiseless recording, that still breathes naturally.
Groundbreaking Technology - Whether it’s our patented articulation switching system, or the MIDI Data Morphing concept, the patented, lifelike, chaos-creating alternate samples management system, the musically liberating Unison Section feature, or othe unique and powerful Real-Time Orchestrator, Fable Sounds always keeps you on the cutting edge of technology.
Optimized for Studio Production - Broadway Lites includes for each of its instruments, the microphone setup which is most commonly used by users of Broadway Big Band in their studio productions, which makes Broadway Lites the flavor of a Lite version most optimized for studio work.
Powerful and Simple - Broadway LITEs offers incredibly powerful yet simple to learn and use features, not offered by any other virtual instruments currently on the market.
Top New York Musicians - It sounds right and feels right because it was played right, by accomplished New York Jazz, salsa, pop & Funk musicians. It’s the real deal from top to bottom.
Features in Version 2.0
A groundbreaking feature enabling polyphonic, poly-rhythmic legato across a mixed section of instruments. Using RTO you can play an entire section on the keyboard, and the notes you play are orchestrated in real time and distributed to the various instruments in the RTO multi, based on orchestration schemes that you can create yourself. This is an extremely powerful system which is extremely easy to use. Great for live shows, as well as tracking under tight deadlines. It also offers articulation presets which can replace the built-in key-switching with alternative midi triggers such as foot-switches, freeing your left hand for playing notes rather than key-switches.
From now on, you can use any of the Broadway Lites wind instruments multiple times in the arrangement or in a multi, even when playing unison, creating a realistic section of multiple instruments. This means that even with multiple instances of just one instrument, you can still get a realistic section of multiple instruments playing in unison. The feature is not some kind of a doubling effect, but rather it uses different samples, and performs slight adjustments to make sure each instance of the instrument sounds a little different from the other. The results are very realistic. The feature also includes “Humanize” and “Detune” knobs for further control over the section sound.
Notation Software Support
With version 2.0, “Notation mode” has been added to all of the Broadway Lites instruments, to enable notation programs to communicate with Broadway Lites and use it for playback of scores, including all included articulations and dynamics. The new Notation mode also enables integration with Cubase Expression maps. This was not previously possible due to the unique articulation switching system in Broadway Lites. The new Notation Mode uses an alternative system of key-switching that is more in line with the way notation programs operate. (full documentation in the user manual).
Velocity Curve Control
Due to the extended dynamic range of the wind instruments included in Broadway Lites, it is sometimes difficult to keep dynamics under control when using a MIDI keyboard’s velocity. To help overcome this, we’ve added a new knob to control the velocity curve, which helps to adjust the responsiveness of the Broadway Lites instruments to various MIDI keyboards. The new velocity curve control feature can also be MIDI automated to make changes within a song as needed.
- 8.6 GB of multi-sample audio content at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- 12,952 unique samples
- Real note-transition samples, including legato, glissando, etc.
- Real-time access to all of the articulations of each instrument, using the revolutionary real-time articulation-switching system, which is a part of the patented “Broadway Performer” technology.
- Dynamic articulation switching enables switching articulations for ongoing notes while they’re still playing, offering the hyper-realistic fluidity of a live performer.
- Clever key-switch programming enables super-fast, easy and intuitive articulation switching in real-time.
- MIDI data morphing for mod-wheel driven crescendos and diminuendos enables the unique hybrid mode, using keyboard velocity and modulation wheel at the same time.
- Velocity Curve control, and Velocity Shift slider, to help to manage the wide dynamic range of the instruments when using a MIDI keyboard.
- Unison Section – enables stacking multiple instances of the same instrument, creating a realistic section even when playing in unison.
- Real-Time Orchestrator – a revolutionary powerful feature which enables a keyboard player to play an entire mixed section of instruments with polyphonic polyrhythmic legato, distributing the voices to the selected instruments, as defined in a user editable orchestration scheme. Multiple orchestration schemes are possible within a single RTO multi, switchable in real-time via a mouse click or user defined midi triggers.
- Includes a set of powerful instruments multis for easy section playing (both regular stacked multis and RTO multis).
- Revolutionary and patented alternate samples handling (round-robin), including an individual cycle for each note in each dynamic level of each articulation, resulting in up to hundreds of individual cycles per instrument, providing the most authentic performance ever offered by a multi-sample library or a virtual instrument.
- Create and recall snapshots of alternate cycles to lock performance and gain ultimate control.
- Top New York musicians and recording studios.
- Color coded keyboard view presents the playable range and the various types of virtual key switches available for each instrument
For a detailed list of Instruments and Articulations please go to "More Info".
The latest NI Kontakt Player is included in this product!
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
Download latest free Kontakt Player Windows (~ 450MB)
Download latest free Kontakt Player Mac INTEL (~ 600MB)
You want more?
This library qualifies for the reduced Crossgrade of full KONTAKT at Native Instruments.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.