Modern Ensemble Drum Library
Medusa is a modern ensemble drum library created for trailer producers as well as film, game and television composers. Musical Sampling also made it a point to smack the living snot out of the drums for the top velocities. Couldn't really be in that room without a good set of closed cans if you valued your hearing. Blisters weren't uncommon either.
Getting the mix presets dialed-in was just as crucial and took the most time during Medusa's production cycle to really get right. Hermes is a tight, punchy mix. Centaur is the all-rounder while Zeus takes excellent advantage of the room tone. The Gorgon mix is a hyped, massive, punchy mix designed specifically for trailers. It's yuuuge.
Musical Sampling created the Concussion Hits patch which is comprised of 49 unique, aggressively-processed hits designed to be used as massive accents and low-end support. They also included a WAVs folder of those hits and more for those who prefer that workflow (also makes sense for longer samples like risers). To complete the percussive side of Medusa, Musical Sampling created The Pulses patch - which includes a collection of live hybrid rhythms meant to act as detailed background layers in your percussion tracks. Want a bit more involvement with those grooves? Move that modwheel up!
Also included is an arsenal of playable sound design patches which include drones, keys, guitars, basses, synths, cue starters, etc. -- all kinds of material for you to start rippin' tracks right out the gate. No fluff or afterthoughts here either. Musical Sampling recorded a lot of new source material and built these puppies from the ground-up.
- Ensemble Drums + Sound Design
- Designed for trailer producers and film/game/television composers.
- Simple and intuitive interface.
- Four "baked-in" mix presets that are interchangeable between different drum groups.
- Ensembles include 12 toms, 4 kicks, 4 snares, 4 hi-hats, 8 crashes, 4 suspended cymbals, 4 rides, 7 tambourines, 7 stompers, 7 clappers, gran casa.
- Concussion Hits patch for massive accents and low-end support.
- WAVs available for all Concussion Hits samples + risers.
- The Pulses patch with crossfade-able live hybrid rhythms.
- Arsenal of production-ready, playable sound design patches.
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90/120/140 BPM that sync to your DAW's tempo.
- Crossfade-able hi-hat grooves (crossfades between five different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open).
- Groove Speed Control (Half/Normal/Double).
- Adjustable humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose).
- Volume control for each drum group.
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group.
- Recorded in 48khz/24bit.
- 5.2 GB compressed NCW format.
Compatible with Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher (requires full retail version of Kontakt).
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.14 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or Apple M1 (native)
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Windows 10 or higher
- 64 bit
- Intel Core i5 or similar CPU
- RAM: 4GB (6GB recommended)
- Mac (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AU, AAX
- Windows (64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, VST3, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
Musical Sampling products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.musicalsampling.com to activate your license. To use Kontakt Player Libraries you also need to register with www.native-instruments.com.
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a Digital Water Mark - DWM!