Digital replication of the Empirical Labs Distressor
The FG-Stress is a digital replication of one of the industry’s most highly coveted analog compressors, the Empirical Labs Distressor. Every aspect of the Distressor has been modeled, which is no simple task due to the Distressor’s unique topology where every ratio is essentially a different compressor! Like the hardware in which it models, the FG-Stress can mimic the tone of some of the industry’s most famous compressors like punchy VCAs, fat tube compressors, and even vintage opto units.
- Compressor module for the Virtual Mix Rack (basic rack included)
- Software module of one of the most coveted compressor
- Eight unique ratios including 10:1 “Opto” ratio
- Every ratio emulates a different compressor
- Detector options to customize compression tone
- Three different audio paths options to add color and warmth
- HP filter for the audio path
- HP filter for the detector path
- Mix Knob
- macOS 10.12-10.14
- 64 bit
- Intel processor
- RAM: 4GB
- Windows 8-10
- 64 bit
- Intel- or AMD-processor
- RAM: 4GB
Slate Digital products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.slatedigital.com and with www.ilok.com to activate your license.
This instrument requires an iLok 2 Key for activation - iLok 1 not supported!
This USB protection device is not included in the box of this collection, it is a separate item you have to buy additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one iLok Key with your first purchase. If you already own another iLok 2 protection device you can use it for this instrument, too. Each iLok 2 dongle can store up to 500 product licenses. Licenses can be manged easily using the iLok Licence Manager and for protection against theft or loss we recommend you the Zero Downtime Protection with TLC
Additionally an internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.