Stylus RMX Expanded
Ever since it’s introduction in 2004, Stylus RMX has been an award-winning loop-based virtual instrument plug-in featured on thousands of major productions. RMX emerged as the first product to offer the combined power of Groove Control® with Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine (S.A.G.E.™) technology giving users dramatic control over loop-based groove production - with dozens of innovative features including the ground-breaking Time Designer® and Chaos Designer®. RMX remains an industry standard tool of many top composers and music producers.
Of the many remarkable capabilities in Stylus RMX Xpanded, possibly the most innovative features are the Time Designer® and Chaos Designer®. With simple controls, the user can introduce musical Chaos into the groove, which allows it to have constantly evolving variations— giving the impression that the audio grooves are improvising. The results can be subtle or extreme by setting the simple to use controls. A Capture feature allows the spontaneous audio chaos patterns to be made into a MIDI file, dragged and dropped into the host sequencer, and played back again for further editing by the user. The Time Designer feature is unmatched in any other rhythm software and allows realtime changing of audio grooves to any time signature, feel or pattern - an infinite creative tool!
The highly acclaimed core library in Stylus RMX Xpanded has thousands of cutting-edge grooves and sounds that were created by Spectrasonics’ international sound design team, and produced by Eric Persing. The core library contains nearly triple the amount of sounds originally offered in the original Stylus, and contains all the original material as well. The sounds and grooves in Stylus RMX Xpanded offer a much wider range of modern musical genres than the original Stylus. Mixes of grooves are broken down into individual tracks called Elements for flexibility and infinite combinations.
Xpanded and Xpandable
Stylus RMX Xpanded includes all five Spectrasonics “S.A.G.E. Xpanders”, bringing the total number of included grooves/sounds to nearly 10,000. The RMX platform has huge third-party library support with hundreds of available titles and can also can be expanded with REX files – which opens the door for musicians to utilize their own audio loops within the powerful S.A.G.E. Environment.
- Powered by award-winning S.A.G.E. technology (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine)
- Innovative Time Designer® allows grooves to adapt to any feel, time signature
- Chaos Designer™ adds musical variations and “improvising” within stereo audio grooves
- Large and versatile 14GB Core Library, with nearly triple the sounds of the original Stylus. (the original Stylus core library also included)
- Includes all five Spectrasonics SAGE Xpanders - Backbeat, Retro Funk, Liquid Grooves, Burning Grooves, Metamorphosis
- Automatic Pattern Variations and Groove Simplifying
- Edit Groups offer unique control of individual beats within an audio loop: add ambience to just the backbeat, control the pitch of the snare inside a stereo loop, reverse only specific slices in the loop…non-destructively
- Realtime auto-sync to the beat so grooves are always in time, even when performed live
- Groove Control is always active for optimum sound quality at virtually any tempo
- Expandable with REX files, which allow a user to import their own audio loops via ReCycle™
- Thousands and thousands of grooves, sounds, patches and interchangeable “Kit modules” for building grooves
- 500 Multi Grooves, 250 Kits
- World-Class integrated FX Racks w/27 professional effects: Tube Limiter, Tape Slammer, Modern and Vintage Compressors, Wah-Wah, Power Filter, 6 different Vintage/Parametric/Graphic Equalizers, Flame Distortion, Valve Radio, PRO-Verb, EZ-Verb, Spring Verb, Gate Expander, Stereo Imager, Flanger, 2 different Phasers, 3 BPM Delays, Retroplex Tape Delay and Radio Delay
- Easy MIDI Control of all 20,000 parameters with MIDI Learn: simply grab the parameter and the hardware control
- Hardware Controller Templates provided for Popular models by Korg, Behringer and M-Audio
- Over 9 hours of Video Tutorials are available to quickly learn Stylus RMX features
- Integrated Documentation - Comprehensive Reference Guide accessible directly from the Help menu
- Multipage user interface with integrated Browser for easily auditioning & organizing grooves
- 8-part Multitimbral, each part can have dozens of grooves and samples
- Multiple stereo outputs (with supported software)
- Favorites Menu creation of user defined suites of grooves, perfect for project-by-project work
- Built-in Mixer w/ 8 channels, mute/solo, level, meters, 4 Aux sends, output assignments
- Drag and Drop MIDI files into host sequencer
- User Kit building from core library, User Remixes, cross-platform/cross-host patch compatibility
- Groove Menu mode allows multiple grooves to be played live on a single MIDI channel
- Grooves can be instantly auditioned at Half Time / Double Time
- Build Multitrack Grooves in realtime
- Real-time Jamming in sync
- Powerful sound design features include: Multi-mode Power Filter, 3 syncable LFOs, 3 AHDR envelopes, Reverse and more
- Edit Templates to browse and audition grooves using custom sets of parameter edits
- Easy Edit page with Big Knobs for simple, yet powerful control of key parameters
- macOS 10.13 or higher
- 32 bit & 64 bit
- 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)
- Windows 7-10
- 32 bit & 64 bit
- 2.0 GHz
- RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)
Native support for Apple Silicon based Macs and Steinbergs latest VST3 plug-in standard.
Spectrasonics products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.spectrasonics.net to activate your license.
This product requires an activation!
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.