FlyingHand Percussion is a dedicated Hand-Percussion sample library.
It represents an authentic and evocative ensemble utilizing a great number of articulations, true replication of the drums’ behavior at various playing techniques, and authentic nuances from each instrument. Whether you are composing or playing live, the outcome is great responsiveness, authentic character, and complete genre freedom no matter the type of music you play or write.
Percussion instruments in general, and hand Percussion in particular, offer so much more diversity beyond the stock idiomatic articulations. Especially when expanding traditional articulations with extended and unique playing methods. In doing so, each instrument becomes a world of sound, giving you an opportunity for expressive thematic writing.
The all-new Version 1.5 offers a completely redesigned user interface with total control over microphone positions including sample unload to save memory. The library was re-programmed with numerous enhancements and new features:
- Brand new Interface featuring a detailed visual display of articulations, playing zones, mixer and more.
- Better handling of round robin alternates.
- A single patch design with all microphone positions including samples load/unload.
- Brand new Legato Drumming™ engine, which includes auto nuance and gesture control including dynamic muting.
- Patches load much faster.
- Compatible with Kontakt 4 and above (full retail version required).
- Downloadable and watermarked.
- An update for users of FHP 1.0 is available through HandheldSound directly
With FlyingHand Percussion, all instruments sound and respond as if playing a real one. Most importantly, each drum fulfills its true musical potential with a multitude of extended articulation techniques using unconventional playing styles.
- Anklungs – Asian Bamboo rattlers (4 sizes).
- Ashiko – 14″ Maple Ashiko Drum.
- Gran Casa – An Orchestral Bass Drum, suspended and played with hands.
- Bells – A variety of Bell-like instruments.
- Bongo Cajon – Bongo Cajon with Mahogany heads.
- Boomwhackers ® – ‘D’ and ‘G’ Boomwhackers.
- Claves – The earthy ‘Piru’ claves.
- Clay Drum – Custom made Clay Drum resembling and Udu.
- Congas – A hi-end set of Congas.
- Cowbell – 3 different types of cowbells.
- Djembe – 16” Djembe.
- Frame Drums – 16” and 22” Frame Drums.
- Kanjira – Indian Kanjira Hand Drum.
- Timbales – 14” and 16” hi-end Timbales.
- Triangles – Orchestra Brass Triangle and the one-of-a-kind Trine Instrument.
- Naal – Custom made Indian Naal Drum. Its tone resembles a Tabla.
- Plastic Bottle – 5 Gallon Plastic jug.
- Shakers – Assorted Shakers including Plastic, Wood, and Bamboo.
- Morphosis – Electro Acoustic Drums synthesized from real objects’ resonances.
- Mutants – Cinemtaic Sound fx, re-pitched instruments and Virtual ensembles.
"The product aims to make the experience of playing sampled percussion instruments as realistic as possible, and it succeeds. The developer's incredible attention to detail, the multiple options, and, of course, the great-sounding samples make this a must-have library."
Electronic Musician, Editors Choice
Please notice: This library can not be used with the free Kontakt Player! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of Kontakt, which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
The minimum required Kontakt version number for this product is stated in the product description or can be found on the developer's website.
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 or 10.15 (latest update), i5, 4 GB RAM
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)
- Mac OS X (64-bit only): Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Windows (32/64-bit): Stand-alone, VST, AAX
If you require legacy installers of Kontakt Player please refer to this Knowledge Base Article.
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!