6 Unique Compression models
Manic Compressor is not only manic, but also has multiple personalities - six to be precise, each one providing its own unique character. Manic Compressor addresses the creative needs of mix engineers in ways that no other compressor does. Its ability to instantly switch between compressors models without changing settings lets you can choose the most effective compressor for the job without losing perspective or valuable mix time. Along with supreme flexibility, Manic Compressor was conceived with true parallel compression as its core functionality. It also combines the compressor models with two sections of EQ, plus a number of innovative features that give you the ability to drive Manic Compressor as hard as you like, simultaneously creating new and unique sounds while still retaining musicality. Once you hear what Manic Compressor can do, you’ll wonder how you lived without it. Plus, it will be hard to resist the temptation to revisit old mixes with a renewed enthusiasm.
Manic Compressor - Unique Features
- Six compressor models designed with parallel compression in mind
- Instantly switch between models with settings retained
- Separate faders for wet, dry, and master levels
- Wet/Dry Mix button lets wet and dry faders act as mix knobs instead of separate faders
- Three-position “Beef” switch with Thin, Neutral, and Thick settings that change the compressor’s response to an input signal
- Variable knee for subtle compression before the threshold is crossed
- “Loud Relief” relaxes response to transients during heavy compression of loud program material, allowing a natural dynamic response with extreme settings
- Tone Signal Application selects which part of your signal chain the Tone EQ affects (wet or dry).
- Mid/Side panner that can be used as a simple stereo widener or fix any mid/side level discrepancies in Mid or Side mode
Manic Compressor - Just the Facts:
- Standard compression controls
- Selectable Dual Mono, Stereo, Mid, and Side operation
- Drive controls input gain and adds analog saturation as gain increases
- Selectable internal or external sidechain
- Sidechain input listen
- Pre/Post sets tone equalizer before or after the compressor
- A/B bank lets you compare settings
Manic Compressor is built for parallel compression right from the drawing board. It comprises six unique compressor models, each optimized for the response you want from bus compression, plus separate faders for compressed, uncompressed, and master levels - offering true parallel compression in a single plug-in. However, if you want subtle compression with natural sound, you can combine the Wet and Dry faders to function like a mix knob.
- macOS 10.5 or higher
- Windows 8 or higher
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.