Realistic, organic and warm sounding Electric Pianos
Neo-Soul Keys® Studio are some of the most realistic, organic, and warm sounding electric pianos ever created. The GM pride theirselves on the intangibles. By intangibles, they mean: grit, dirt, release, bark, mechanics, bumps, clanks, and all of the electromechanical goodness that makes up an electric piano.
Without such great detail, your electric piano can be very sterile, lifeless, and without character. Alternatively, don't be mistaken--GM´s EPs can sound as clean and clear as a whistle, but you are always welcome to dial in as much dirt as you want. See what the late-great George Duke has said about Neo-Soul Keys® and why he chose to use it live, rather than a real electric piano:
"I also incorporated one called [Gospel Musicians] Neo-Soul Suitcase, because that has a little more grit and meat on it for certain types of sounds. There’s another that’s pretty smooth, and it’s also a Scarbee thing but it’s toned down; it doesn’t have a lot of attack. As a matter a fact, I’m using that sound on “Brazilian Love Affair.” When I go into playing more funk, I might use Neo-Soul Keys, which has a lot of attack....” (Keyboard Magazine, Aug. 2013)"
As you can see from the legendary George Duke, he chose Neo-Soul Keys® because of the attack, meat, and grit. This is why GM set out to make an electric piano from the onset. They were not satisfied with the exiting offerings due their lack of grit and dirt. They always wondered why many of the EP sounds didn't sound like the real thing and they realized many developers removed the dirt in favor of a more clean sound.
Clean is great! GM´s EPs can start off clean, but they allow you to add as much dirt, and grittiness as you like. This is what Neo-Soul Keys prides itself on. You have the sculpt-ability to make your sound anything you wish. You won't find another library that has so many sculpting possibilities and it doesn't come at the expense of the CPU. In fact, on an i7 processor, you can turn on every sound and FX and still run at 64 buffer.
What's New from the Other Versions?
42 New Electric Pianos:
- New Clav
- New Mark I Stage
- New Mark II Stage
- New Mark V Stage
- New RARE Wurli 300 - This Model was only available in Germany and came in a wooden cabinet. It was based upon the 200, but with added speaker and the same amp as the 206
- All EX5 Ep Factory presets
- New FM Tines, Dynos, and Crystal EPs
- 26 New Mechanical FX
- Featuring Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX suite integrated as the main FX.
- Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX included as a separate dedicated FX rack for your DAW
- Optimized CPU and loading with extra attention to Logic Pro and Mainstage
- Optimize preset system with better saving options and a search function
- Much larger HD GUI screen for better viewing (1000x780)
- Simple serial number authorization
- New vintage modeled Master Limiter with a smooth and transparent soft limit and tube saturation.
- Keyboard Follow (K.Follow) for Decay
- Self Contained Plugin - No Free Player Required
- Resizable GUI (85% View for Smaller Laptops)
Each mechanical effect has a dedicated:
- Velocity Curve
- Velocity Amount
- Keyboard Amount
- Gain and Volume
Highlights, Features and Requirements:
- Available for VST/AU/AAX/Standalone
- Operating Systems: Windows 7+ and OSX 10.7.5+
- 21GB of High Quality Samples
- 88 Distinct Electric Piano Timbres
- 60 Dedicated Mechanical FX
- 126 High Quality Presets
- All of the VKFX Vintage Effects from Overloud
- VKFX Included as Standalone FX to use in your DAW
- 18 High quality AMP Sims
The system requirements can be found in the product description or on the manufacturer's website.
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.