Imagine a brilliant guitarist playing absolutely fluid legato solos and awesome power chord grooves on a world-class guitar: You can hear it from various guitar legends – but could you expect that level of performance from a sampled guitar?
OVERDRIVE makes it possible by means of the revolutionary Legato Performances, one of the most intriguing outcomes of Vienna Symphonic Library’s years of sampling experience. Create your own authentic and unique riffs, exploit the limits of technical feasibility, and get a completely real tube sound performance for the first time ever!
OVERDRIVE contains about 6 gigabytes of samples, including Vienna´s unique Performance Elements, featuring a seven-string distorted guitar. Along with various short and sustained notes, power chords, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, picked notes, and more, you get loads of effect samples like octave runs, feedbacks, scratches, and e-bowed notes – for a smooth, fat sound and unbelievably realistic performances! Incidentally, repetitions and sustains start at B0 on the lower end, extending the range of a standard guitar down a 4th!
The state-of-the-art gear used to make Overdrive was hand selected to provide the perfect total distortion sound, including a fantastic 7-string solid-body guitar, and classic amplifiers and cabinets, mic’d and recorded in Vienna’s Silent Stage.
Steve Vai signature, 7 strings
Brunetti XL II R-EVO
Marshall 1960 TV monitors, 4x12
Ernie Ball 9 – 52 strings
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.