Musical Effects designed for Sci-Fi, Horror and Mystery
Sick Volume 5 is exploring melodic and exotic tuned plucked strings and mallets, unique winds and musical effects designed for sci-fi, horror and mystery genres. It also includes an extensive collection of evolving tonal ambient pads, atmospheric soundscapes, harmonic clouds and menacing drones. It’s also perfect if you just want fresh, unique musical sounds with an unconventional character and organic playability.
It features 5 acoustic instrument sets, recorded in a bright chamber with adjustable close and far mic positions. The "Astral Dirge Pipe" is a custom contraptions sonically resembling a multi-key tuned didgeridoo. Soundiron recorded chromatic sustains, staccatos and effects. The "Channeling Tube" is a classic spring-powered “Thunder Tube”, played both percussively and semi-chromatically by plucking the string at differing lengths. The Conjuring Bell is a beautifully melodious pair of chimes with a sound hole at the base to allow the thumb to create “wah-wah” effects as they ring.
The "Spectral Moaner" is a droning wind instrument swung in an overhead arc to produce a harmonic series as speed increases. The "Demon String" is an acoustic guitar outfitted with a Vo-96 guitar synthesizer that produce infinitely self-sustaining richly harmonic organ-like drones. We recorded a full range of string plucks, plus major, minor and octave chord types. Finally, we've designed 60 mystery, sci-fi and horror ambiences and soundscapes. Every preset includes cutting edge control features, rack FX and otherworldy convolutions to allow you plenty of creative control.
The comprehensive FX Rack panel provides multi-effects, compression, EQ, amp/speaker simulation and convolution reverb, featuring dozens of our most popular custom recorded rooms, halls, cathedrals and otherworldly fx impulses, all easily available through the control interface. Finally, we contorted the source recordings into a broad selection of 60 different ambiences, drones, atmospheres and special FX instruments. You’ll find 3 main ambient presets, each with a number of different ambiences to choose from.
- "Astral Dirge Pipe" custom multi-key tuned didgeridoo: chromatic sustains (w/releases), staccatos and effects.
- "Channeling Tube" spring-powered effect percussion: hand percussion and sustaining dramatic effects.
- "Conjuring Bell" oscillating tuned mallet percussion, with organic “wah-wah” effects: mallet, stick and strike variants, with different oscillation patterns. Roll sustains with dynamic cross-fade layering.
- "Spectral Moaner" droning air column wind instrument: hand percussion and tonal sustains with dynamic cross-fade layering.
- "Demon String" acoustic guitar with resonant synthesis: chromatic string plucks, plus major, minor and octave chord types.
- Ambient tonal, atmospheric and droning instruments: 60 mystery, sci-fi and horror ambiences and soundscapes.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!