Celebrating the Art of Whistling
Marcus Schmidinger is the Vienna Whistler! VSL users might be already familiar with his name, as he performed on all of the horn instruments included in our Brass I and Brass II Collections – both as a soloist (of the Viennese horn and the triple horn) as well as a member of the Horn ensemble on the popular Epic Horns.
During the recordings at our Silent Stage we discovered that Marcus is not only a true horn virtuoso, but also an excellent whistler with an incredibly homogenous timbre over a wide key range of approximately two octaves. As an aside, so-called “art whistlers” echo an Austrian tradition of the 19th century when they would perform in Viennese community theatres, vaudeville shows and cabarets.
We’ve recorded a wide range of articulations, including single notes in various lengths (staccato, portato, looped sustains), with and without vibrato, legato performances, portamentos, repetitions and trills and even bends and falls. Anyone who has tried to whistle once might have noticed that an accurate performance and recording is not an easy task at all. Now simply select one of our performance patches within the Vienna Instruments (PRO) player and you’ll be impressed with the stunning proficiency and realism of Marcus’ great live performance!
Standard Library: Samples 4.148 | Download Files Size 839,7 MB | Installed File Size 1,3 GB
SoundOnSound 5 stars
* Upgrade discounts:
You already own Vienna Instruments? You can check in the shopping cart (after login) if you are entitled to a relevant VSL discount and apply it!
You own a Standard Library and want to upgrade to FULL by adding the Extended Library? Again, the Standard Library will be deducted in the shopping cart. Likewise when completing bundles.
Please note that all discounted custom orders have to be processed manually by us and therefore may take up to one business day.
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg compatible) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey or Steinberg eLicenser with your first VSL purchase. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.