World Strings Oud - The musical heart of The Arabian Nights
This mysterious and yet mesmerizingly pleasing insrument will put your music right in the Middle East - created in collaboration with Professor Kim Cunio.
About Kim Cunio
Dr. Kim Cunio has studied with a number of Australia’s finest musicians including Australian composer Nigel Butterly, conductor and producer Eric Clapham, and Jazz guitar legend Ike Isaacs. Kim is an accomplished researching composer and performer and was awarded an ABC Golden Manuscript Award in recognition of his work with traditional music. Kim can write in many mediums from full scoring for opera or music theatre, orchestra, traditional ensembles, or in modern contexts using sound design and samples.
Kim’s in-depth knowledge of world music, his musical technique and unique playing style enabled the Evolution Series team to craft an exclusive and inspiring virtual playing experience.
This beautiful, high-end Oud instrument can best be described as having a lovely warm, full, yet precise tone. Recording its sounds at a world- class scoring stage with real room microphones gives an amazing sonic 3D dimension to the sonic palette. This can be quite hard to achieve with artificial reverb.
Sampling world instruments and giving them the level of attention to detail that they deserve reflect on what has been an amazing year of Whitehouse, United Nations NGO’s, and is a passion of ours.
Evolution Series has invested thousands of hours to ensure that this library will add a new dimension of authenticity to your next productions. They know you will love it as much as they enjoyed making it - an extraordinary tool for extraordinary composers.
- All samples at 48khz 24bit
- A Goliath 118 gigabyte virtual instrument reduced to 45 gigabyte’s via Native
- Instruments Compression
- Multiple velocities and round robin
- Up to 4 user-controllable microphone positions
- Recorded at a world class orchestral scoring stage
- The most beautiful and unique sounding instrument
- NKS Support
- Works with the free Kontakt player 5 and up
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.