Adventure Strings - Overview
Adventure Strings is the follow-up to the debut offering, Soaring Strings. Performed by the same number of players, recorded in the same room, seated in their traditional positions -- both share the same performance aesthetic. Strong, passionate and relentlessly energetic.
So why another string library with the same, familiar collection of short articulations? Well, it's how Musical Sampling produced them that makes it interesting.
Shorts are normally recorded in isolation -- perhaps one or two notes per bar during the recording process. This makes the editing process a snap and the end result is often satisfactory. The sane choice.
With Adventure Strings, Musical Sampling recorded repetition phrases; a quick succession of notes at a procured tempo. The samples of each note of that phrase were then edited and programmed to be playable, which resulted in a fetal position-incurring post-production process.
- Companion library to Soaring Strings
- Short articulations all sourced from performance phrases
- Medium-sized ensembles: Violins, Violas, Cellos, Basses
- Morph Stacking programming allows any note length to sound natural
- Sections recorded in traditional seating arrangement
- Molto expressivo vibrato across the upper dynamic range
- Includes true FFF sampling
- To Silence feature
- Adjustable Humanization feature
- Switchable Crossfade/Velocity control for short articulations
- 33 separate patches
- Includes Full Strings instruments
- Recorded on a scoring stage
- Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
- 5.1 GB uncompressed (2.9 GB compressed NCW format)
- Compatible with Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher (requires full version of Kontakt)
- Receive watermarked product by Continuata Connect downloader
The end result is a collection of patches that now suit the context they were designed for because, well, they were recorded that way!
In addition to the shorts (spiccatos/staccatos/pizzicatos/marcatos), Adventure Strings includes trills, tremolos, sustains, keyboard-spanning Full Strings instruments and of course, the Adventure patches.
A detailed list of the included patches can be found under "More info".
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12, 10.13 or 10.14 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!