Omnisphere 2.8 - Endless Possibilities
Omnisphere® is the flagship synthesizer of Spectrasonics - an instrument of extraordinary power and versatility. Top Artists all over the world rely on Omnisphere as an essential source of sonic inspiration. This award-winning software brings many different types of synthesis together into one amazing-sounding instrument that will spark a lifetime of exploration.
Omnisphere 2.8 is available as a FREE update for all registered Omnisphere 2 users!
Bundle: Omnisphere 2 & Tutorial Video - Full power from the beginning! Get the reduced bundle including the Hands On Omnisphere Tutorial Video (Download / German language only!)
Hardware Synth Integration
With the version 2.8, Omnisphere becomes the first software synth in the world to offer a Hardware Synth Integration feature, which transforms over 30 well-known hardware synthesizers into extensive hands-on controllers that unlock Omnisphere’s expanded synthesis capabilities. Simply put, this ground-breaking additional feature makes using Omnisphere feel just like using a hardware synth!
This remarkable innovation bridges the physical experience gap between software and hardware, giving users intuitive control of Omnisphere by using the familiar layout of their supported hardware synth. Virtual instrument users can at last experience the joy of the hardware synth workflow and hardware synth users can fully expand their capabilities into the vast sonic world of Omnisphere!
List of Supported Hardware
Access Virus A | Access Virus B
Clavia Nord Lead 1 | Clavia Nord Lead 2
Dave Smith OB-6 | Dave Smith Prophet 12 | Dave Smith REV2
Korg Minilogue | Korg Monologue | Korg Prologue
Moog Little Phatty | Moog Slim Phatty | Moog Sub 37 | Moog Sub Phatty | Moog Subsequent 37 | Moog Voyager
Novation Bass Station II | Novation Circuit Mono Station | Novation Peak
Roland JP-08 | Roland JU-06 | Roland JX-03 | Roland SE-02 | Roland SH-01A | Roland System-1 | Roland System-1m | Roland System-8 | Roland VP-03
Sequential Prophet 6 | Sequential Prophet X
Hardware Sound Library
Omnisphere 2.8 includes a stunning “Hardware Library” with over 1,600 additional patches created by Eric Persing and the renowned Spectrasonics Sound Development team. Each hardware profile has a corresponding set of sounds in the Hardware Library which were specially designed using that hardware synth as an Omnisphere controller. These inspiring additional sounds feature a wide range of categories and many have a distinctly ‘classic analog’ flavor! Best of all, the addtional sounds are available for all users, regardless of using the hardware or not!
Vastly Expanded Synthesis Engine
- Four Layers per patch!
- State Variable Filters
- Over 500 DSP Wavetables
- Powerful Granular Synthesis
- 8 LFOs, 12 ENVs, 34 Filter Types per part
- Doubled Mod Matrix
- Full FX Modulation
You can use your own audio file as a soundsource in Omnisphere, simply by dragging it onto the interface! Go wild with using the additional Granular Synthesis, Harmonia, Innerspace and many other creative tools inside Omnisphere!
High Resolution Interface
Omnishere 2.8 supports a redesigned, high resolution interface with support for HiDPI displays. The modernized GUI is easier to use and resizable to fit comfortably into your workspace.
Includes over 14,000 sounds!
Since the beginning, Omnisphere has been the sonic weapon of choice for creative players and producers in search of next level sounds on hit records, bestselling games and Oscar-winning films. Omnisphere’s amazing sound library is constantly growing and being pushed in fresh directions by the award-winning Spectrasonics Sound Development Team.
58 FX Units
Innerspace | Quad Resonators | Thriftshop Speaker | Classic Twin | Bassman | Hi-Wattage | Rock Stack | Brit-Vox | Boutique | San-Z-Amp | Stompbox Modeler | Metalzone Distortion | Toxic Smasher | Foxxy Fuzz | Analog Phaser | Analog Flanger | Analog Chorus | Analog Vibrato | Solina Ensemble | Vintage Tremolo | Envelope Filter | Crying Wah | Stomp-Comp | Precision Compressor | Studio 2-Band EQ | Vintage Compressor | Modern Compressor | Gate Expander | Vintage 2-Band EQ | Vintage 3-Band EQ | Graphic 7-Band EQ | Graphic 12-Band EQ | Parametric 2-Band EQ | Parametric 3-Band EQ | Formant Filter | Power Filter | Valve Radio | Flame Distortion | Smoke Amp | Ultra Chorus | Retro-Phaser | Pro-Phaser | EZ-Phaser | Retro-Flanger | Flanger | Chorus Echo | BPM Delay | BPM Delay X2 | BPM Delay X3 | Radio Delay | Retroplex | Pro-Verb | EZ-Verb | Spring Reverb | Imager
Greatly enhanced arpeggiator
- Pattern and Play Modes
- Presets Library
- Step Modifiers
- Chord Voicings
- Pitch Slides
- Step Dividers
- Capture MIDI Files!
Omnisphere 2.8 Features
- Includes over 14,000 inspiring sounds for all types of music production
- Ground-breaking Hardware Synth Integration allows hands-on control of Omnisphere
- Audio Import - Use your own audio file as a soundsource
- State of the Art Arpeggiator with many unique features
- Over 500 DSP Waveforms for the Synth Oscillator
- Sound Match™ feature instantly locates any related sounds in the library
- Hardware Library with distinct ‘classic analog’ flavor
- Powerful Granular Synthesis for amazing transformations
- 58 incredible FX Units, which are fully integrated and can be modulated
- Creative “Psychoacoustic” sounds from the renowned Spectrasonics sound design team
- Sound Lock™ feature gives endless useful variations by locking sound aspects while browsing
- Wavetable Synthesis - Each waveform is a Morphing Wavetable
- ORB circular motion interface allows infinitely-shifting variations
- Deeper FM/Ring Modulation capabilities for aggressive timbres
- Dual Filter architecture includes more than 34 Filter algorithms in series or parallel
- Performance-oriented Live Mode allows for seamless patch layering on the fly
- Flex-Mod™ modulation system allows powerful, modular-style matrix routing
- Stack Mode interface allows for complex patch-layering, splits, and crossfades
- Up to 20 oscillators per patch can be either DSP synth or sample-based
- High Resolution resizable Interface with “Zooming” into deeper synthesis levels
- Polyphonic Timbre Shifting/Crushing, Waveshaping and Reduction
- Eight full-featured LFOs per patch, with syncing and complex waveforms
- Twelve Envelopes with both simple ADSR-style or advanced multi-breakpoint interfaces
- Easy Sound/Project Sharing for collaborators and third-party libraries
- Sample-based soundsources can be processed with synthesis features
The “Keyscape Creative” library is a cutting-edge collection of over 1200 Omnisphere patches specially designed to showcase the power of combining Keyscape and Omnisphere 2. Owners of Omnispehre 2 and Keyscape can update their products to get the additional patches, which then appear in Omnisphere 2’s patch browser as a new directory.
Das enorme Kreativpotential, das in vielen Instrumenten der Library steckt, sucht seinesgleichen. Eric Persing und seine Crew haben sich in puncto Klangdesign selbst übertroffen. Aufwand und Mühen wurden dabei nicht gescheut, man denke nur an die Schlauchbootfahrt durch eine Höhlenlandschaft, mit dem Ziel, den Klang von Stalaktiten als tonale Percussion einzufangen.
- macOS 10.13 or higher
- 64 bit
- 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
- Windows 7-10
- 64 bit
- 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB
Native support for Apple Silicon based Macs and Steinbergs latest VST3 plug-in standard.
Spectrasonics products require you to register with the manufacturer at www.spectrasonics.net to activate your license.
This product requires an activation!
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.