All Strings Attached
This instrument was recorded at VSL’s Silent Stage and offers an alternative to the solo violin included in the Solo Strings I Collection. It is the perfect choice if you’re looking for two different timbres of the same instrument, e.g., for solo and chamber music instrumentations, such as in a string quartet.
Solo Violin 2 offers an extensive range of articulations. Playing techniques include Legato and Portamento Performances, sustains with and without vibrato as well as with progressive vibrato, medium and strong dynamics (crescendos & diminuendos) in various lengths, Staccato Repetitions in various speeds, Trill Performances in four intervals (from half-tone to major third), pizzicato, sfz, sffz, fp, pfp and many more.
This solo instrument was played by Dimitrie J. Leivici, concertmaster of Vienna’s Synchron Stage Orchestra and acclaimed Hollywood studio violinist who played on over 1,000 movie scores, including classics such as Avatar, Titanic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story, and Indiana Jones. After completing his musical studies at the Vienna Conservatory and the University of Vienna in 1976 Dimitrie toured Europe with Beethoven, Sibelius and Tchaikovsky concertos, including performances with leading orchestras such as the London Symphony Orchestra and London Philharmonic. After moving to Los Angeles in his early twenties, Dimitrie became one of the most sought after Hollywood studio violinists. He is also the founder and chairman of the Hollywood Music Workshop.
Standard Library: Samples 13.624 | Download Files Size 4.9 GB | Installed File Size 7.5 GB
Your purchase of any VSL library entitles you to download the free Vienna Instruments Player software that includes the Vienna Ensemble mixing host.
- PC Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 32/64-bit), Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2
- macOS 10.10 (latest update) or higher, Intel Core 2 Duo
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- VIENNA KEY (Vienna Symphonic Library USB protection device) or other USB eLicenser (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia)
- eLicenser Control Center software (get the latest version from www.eLicenser.net)
- free hard drive space according to This Library Size Chart
Other configurations may work but are not actively supported.
- Windows 7/8/10 (latest update, 64-bit), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- macOS 10.12 (or higher), Intel i5/i7/Xeon
- 4 GB RAM
- SSD (M2, Sata 6 or USB3/3.1 UASP Support) or separate HDD (7200 rpm or faster)
- AU/VST/AAX compatible host (also works stand-alone)
- AAX version requires Pro Tools 10.3.5 or higher
- 88 key master keyboard
Please notice: To use the "Extended Library" you need to have the corresponding "Standard Library" already registred in your account."Standard Library" plus "Extended Library" result in a "Full Version"
Vienna Instruments require the ViennaKey!
This USB protection device by eLicenser (by Steinberg, formerly Syncrosoft) is not included in any collection, it is a separate item you have to get additionally. So you’ll have to order at least one ViennaKey with your first purchase. It will be put inside the shopping basket automatically but can be deleted if not required. Customers who order the complete SYMPHONIC CUBE will get one ViennaKey for free (not shown in the basket). If you already own another eLicenser USB protection device (e.g., from Steinberg or Arturia), you can use it for the VIENNA INSTRUMENTS, too. Each dongle can store up to 100 product licenses.
Additionally an internet connection on any computer is required to authorize a VSL product.