Multi-sampled metallic tuned Percussion Instrument
Steel Tones captures the essence of a Hapi Drum, built by Hapi Tones, the Hapi Drum is a hollow steel-chambered acoustic instrument measuring 12 inches wide and 8 inches deep (30cm x 20cm). It’s in the family of steel tongue drums, also known as tank drums or hank drums. The concept was originally pioneered by Dennis Havlena in 2007 and has evolved into various forms by numerous instrument makers.
This particular model has 8 tongues tuned to a D-major pentatonic scale. Each note has a strong fundamental tone wrapped in a haze of complex overtones and harmonics and a long, very mellow sustain. Soundiron recorded it with a close stereo pair of Neumann studio mics for a dry and very present sound, as well as a second stereo pair captured in a hall at 15 feet for an open, spacious sound. They sampled it deeply with 7 round robins and up to 9 velocity layers per note, using soft rubber mallets and hard metal mallets.
You can chromatically solo, combine or layer the different articulations, tongues and mic positions to create your own unique sonic blends. You can control each layer’s volume with the swell control, adjust attack, sample start offset, release, semi-tone pitch-stepping and define playable midi key range. These easy-to-use main parameter controls give you truly endless creative possibilities. Soundiron also included dozens of expertly sound-designed ambiences, textures, soundscapes, organic synth pads and custom presets, drawn from the acoustic source to provide excellent accompaniment and underscoring tools.
The robust ARP system provides dynamic arpeggiation and step-sequencing options. The FX Rack page provides chorus, phaser, flanger, compressor, several distortion types, amp and speaker simulation, EQ, resonant filter, delay and convolution reverb. The reverb includes dozens of our custom cathedrals, churches, halls, bunkers, garages, tunnels, chambers, rooms and plenty of special FX impulses to explore.
- A fully multi-sampled 8-tongue Hapi Drum (D-major pentatonic) steel "tank" tuned percussion instrument.
- Soft Rubbber Mallets
- Hard Metal Mallets
- Close Dry microphone position, using a stereo pair of large diaphragm Neumann studio mics.
- Far Wet microphone position, using a wide stereo pair of large diaphragm Neumann studio mics.
- Dual sound layers with fully independent controls that let you mix and match articulations and mic positions to create your own custom blends
- 50 Sound-designed ambiences, pads, atmospheres and synth soundscapes hand-crafted from the raw acoustic source.
- Waveform pad utility with vibrato control and several common wave shapes for layering, custom instrument creation and accompaniment.
- 14 NKI instrument presets and 6 NMK multi-instrument banks.
- Beautifully-rendered user interface.
- Custom sound-designed FX and ambient presets in a variety of categories and styles.
- Multi-mode Arpeggiation with step-sequencer.
- Convolution Reverb with 70 different cathedrals, churches, chambers, rooms, halls and special effect impulses.
- A full multi-effects rack, with EQ, filter, phaser, flanger, delay, distortion, amp & speaker simulation and more.
This 2.9 GB library includes 1161 samples and a beautifully designed user interface for the full version of Kontakt 5.5 and later.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 - 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
For your own protection this library is provided as individual personalized files including a
Digital Water Mark - DWM!