Straightforward and simple, Vintage Amp Room emulates three great guitar amps in a complete studio set-up with speaker cabinets and fully flexible microphone positioning. It’s easy to use for live performances and recordings, as well as for re-amping and last-minute tweaking.
Quality instead of gadgets
Amp Room has none of the added gadgets or weird-sounding presets sometimes found in simulation software. Focusing on quality and accuracy, it simulates three amps, with sounds that are timeless and authentically raw. The goal is not to give you a pre-produced, ultimate guitar sound, but to provide you with the ultimate tool to create your own. Because after all, only you know exactly what sound you want.
- Three great-sounding vintage amp models that handle like real amps
- Raw & authentic soundFlexible & continuous click-and-drag mic positioning
- Fully automatable parameters
- 3-D rendered photo-realistic user interface
- Compatible with all effects that work with real amps
White is based on an all-round great amp that set the industry standard for classic, distorted rock n’ roll sounds. The genius is its simplicity. It´s stripped down to the bare essentials – all tubes, only one channel, and no reverb or any other built-in effects.
Sound-wise, it goes from mad screaming preamp shred, to warm, speakers-about-to-break power amp distortion. Perfect when you need a characteristically distorted edge and a powerful roar.
Amp Room Brown is based on one of the most versatile amplifiers in music history. It’s been used in all kinds of genres, and for all kinds of instruments, thanks to a sound that is clean, crisp and clear, but also warm, thick and punchy.
Brown can produce anything from the clearest country-style sound for steel guitars to a dirty, bluesy guitar noise. It works for both funky rhythms and bassy, mellow chords. It´s got a notoriously warm sound with a massive bass and a shimmering treble. Versatility embodied, it can do more or less whatever you want it to.
Green is packed with character and produces a pleasant guitar sound with warm yet intense power amp distortion. Its edginess makes it shine through in mixes, without drowning out other instruments.
Green is based on a very adaptable three-channel amp model. All three channels sound fantastic, but if you want to add a little quirkiness, we especially recommend the vibrato/tremolo one. The original amp has been widely used during the last forty years, from classic pop recordings in the 60’s, through to today’s users, playing mostly independent and alternative rock.
Please ask for the TDM version!
Musicians Life Redaktionstipp
MusicTech Choice Award
PAM Editors Choice 2009
AudioFanzine 4.5 Stars
Music Radar Rating 4 Stars
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.
Please check with the software manufacturer which iLok version is required at least if you want to use a hardware iLok!