The Modern and Transparent Mastering Compressor/Limiter
The mastering stage is the last chance to make or break a track, so getting it right can be the difference between a battle won or lost. That’s why the startling transparency and effectiveness of the Weiss digital compression algorithms, and its unrivalled versatility in terms of detailed control over attack and release times, knee settings, ratio, threshold, filters (low pass and band pass), and other crucial factors, are a must-have.
And being able to push a track to the appropriate degree of loudness without unpleasant artifacts from the limiter is rightfully expected of any modern mastering engineer. That’s when the quality of your tools really matters; the Weiss is the only product that allows you to achieve such a clean, sweet, and dynamic sound at high levels. And with two brand-new advanced limiter algorithms on top of the Weiss original, you have more top-of the line options with Weiss than ever before.
- A modern and transparent digital compressor and limiter, with code-ported algorithms from the industry standard DS1-MK3
- Total control, without an over-complicated interface. The ‘expert’ tools are all in a hidden side-menu
- Stunning and intuitive visualisations for detailed control, and an intuitive experience
- Clean tweak-and-go faceplate, with immensely detailed controls hidden in side-menu
- Ultra-professional tool, but without the daunting, complex look
- Compress selectively, with low pass and band pass filters
- Two brand-new advanced limiter algorithms in addition to the Weiss original
- Available as a single plug-in, or as part of the Weiss DS1-MK3 collection
All native versions
- Mac OS X 10.12 or newer
- Windows 64-bit, versions 7, 8 or 10
- Please Note: Softube plug-ins support 64-bit hosts only, and a 64-bit OS is required.
- Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or newer
- Screen resolution larger than 1280x800
- 8 GB RAM or more is recommended
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Internet access for downloading the plug-in (s) and managing the license(s)
- iLok generation 2 and up, if you intend to use an iLok dongle for authorizing your plug-ins
- Supported sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz, in both mono and stereo.
*Please Note: Pro Tools 10 is not officially qualified by Avid higher than OS X 10.8
AAX DSP version
- For AAX DSP you need to meet the above requirements for the Native versions. You also need to have an Avid HDX processing card. For plug-ins available for AAX DSP, see Which Softube plug-ins support AAX DSP?
This product requires an activation!
You can either "soft" activate on your computer without addditional hardware or transfer the license to an iLok USB dongle which has to be purchased separately. The iLok dongle can be used to run the protected software on different computers. Your licenses can be easily manged using the iLok Licence Manager. To protect your investment against theft or loss we recommend the iLok Zero Downtime protection with TLC.
An internet connection on any computer and a free user-accout at www.ilok.com is required to authorize the product.