Playable pads and atmospheres creator
Live Strings is the third instalment in Gothic Instruments´ critically-acclaimed DRONAR series. This expressive, highly playable module creates a massive range of strings-based textures from natural live strings and live-played effects to awe-inspiring soundscapes. Hundreds of varied presets and a huge set of controls are all designed to invite deep exploration, expression and discovery.
A universe from a single note - DRONAR creates mind-expanding atmospheres from a very small number of notes played (1 to 4 recommended). It automatically spreads out the chord in the mid-range, adds a root bass note, a high note and then adds evolving sound effects. 8 simultaneous different sounds are then animated with LFOs, a rhythm sequencer and arpeggiators to bring them to life. The results are rich and dramatic.
A hand free for expression - This sonic complexity from one hand frees up the other to expressively control dials with mouse drags or external MIDI controller knobs, and record the changes as a performance in your DAW. Subtle dial movements give deep expression, ideal for soundtracks as well as highly expressive pads, patterns and atmospheres in any genre.
A complete atmosphere - Because DRONAR instantly adds low, mid-range and high sounds plus sound effects, you barely need other non-Dronar sounds to quickly create a complete piece of atmospheric, expressive music.
Beginner and Expert Friendly - Needing to only play a few notes and move a few dials to get such rich expression is inviting for beginners, but an expert will get further by knowing what notes to play and how to express emotions using the dials. Beyond the shimmering immediacy of the ‘Main Page’ awaits a whole other world of expert control, turning DRONAR into a vast modular multi-timbral synth/sampler with multiple independent arpeggiators.
- 731 presets in total
- Includes 204 .nki presets each built from 12 individual Drone presets
- 10GB of audio (compressed to 9GB in Kontakt’s lossless format)
- Developed for the full (paid for) version of Kontakt 5.6
- Performed by the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra
- Evolving, rich and complex sounds that would otherwise take hours to create
- Create creepy, otherworldly sci-fi atmospheres or rich, romantic, melodic pads
- From sharp, loud and dramatic to soft, soothing and dreamy
- Foreboding and suspenseful to relief and calm
- The perfect companion for movie, tv and video game soundtrack projects as well as Pop and Ambient music
- Expert and beginner friendly
- 4 ‘ambiences’ - Close (large ensemble, close mics), Small (small ensemble), Hall and Cathedral
- 6 pages of simple controls deliver massive control
- Create your own rhythm patterns in amongst the pad magic with the Rhythm Editor
- Dive deeper with DRONAR´s unique independent arpeggiators
- Onboard FX provide further sound design options
With 10GB of world-class live recordings being fed into a huge multi-track modular plus synth, effect, arpeggio and rhythm sequencer controls, this is a powerful cinematic beast worthy of heaven and hell.
Using this library requires a full version of Native Instruments' "Kontakt"!
Please notice: This library can not be played with the free "Kontakt Player"! To use this "Open Kontakt" format, you need a full version of "Kontakt", which is included in products such as Komplete or Komplete Ultimate.
Please check the product description for the required Kontakt version.
The following list shows, whether the respective Kontakt version is compatible with your operating system:
- OS X 10.6 & 10.7 = until 4.2.4
- OS X 10.8 and higher = no longer supported
- OS X 10.6 = until 5.0.3
- OS X 10.7 = until 5.3.1
- OS X 10.8 = 5.0.3 - 5.5.1
- OS X 10.9 = 5.3.0 - 5.6.6
- OS X 10.10 = 5.3.0 - 5.7.3
- OS X 10.11 = 5.5.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.12 = 5.6.1 - latest
- Mac OS 10.13 = latest
- Mac OS 10.14 = latest
- Mac OS 10.15 = latest
- Mac OS 10.12 - 10.15 (latest update)
- XP = until 4.2.4
- Vista = until 4.2.4
- Windows 7 = until 4.2.4
- Windows 8 & 10 = no longer supported
- XP = until 5.2.0
- Vista = until 5.2.0
- Windows 7 = latest
- Windows 8 & 10 = latest
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack)
FOR ALL SYSTEMS:
1GB free disk space
Additional hard drive space according to the library’s size
Stand-Alone | VST | Audio Units | ASIO | CoreAudio | WASAPI | AAX Native (Pro Tools 10 or higher)
An internet connection is required to authorize / activate the product.